Saturday, January 27, 2007

Interview with Kimbo Slice: Miami Street Fighting Legend




By A.I.


1. Kimbo are you a boxing fan? If so, who are your favorite fighters now and of all-time?


Yes, I'm a boxing fan. I watch it from time to time. My all-time favorites are Joe Frazier and Mike Tyson.


2. You are a big guy, exactly how tall are you and how much do you weigh?


I'm roughly 6'3, 240 pounds.


3. Have you ever lost a fight underground? What is your record if you know?


I've lost my share in the pen. I don't keep track but I've won much
more than I've lost. Since I was released almost one year ago, I've
gone 9-1. My only loss was to a punk that brought mace to the dance. I
was kicking his ass and he used the mace as I went in for the kill. I
accept the loss. I'm a man. Before the fight we said no weapons but we
didn't say no mace. He regretted doing that. I knocked him out within
ten seconds in our rematch and pounded on him five more times for
insurance. He lost all his front teeth but we're good friends now. It's
about respect.


4. What tools do you posess and what tools are you working on that you think will make you a professional threat?


I've got a powerful left hook and a lot of intensity. The intensity
comes from the anger within. The establishment took ten years of my
life and now I'm gonna take it back.


5. Are you in training right now to polish your boxing skills and if so how is that going?


I recently started training at a local gym here in Miami. I'm working
on my conditioning and defense. I feel I done created a great offense
from my days in the pen. That was Education 101.


6. Can you make noise in the heavyweight division? How long will it take?


That's what my trainers think. They say the division is open and I
might as well take a crack at it. We'll see what happens. I'll probably
only need about ten pro fights before I'm ready to knock all them fools
out.


7. Can you tell us about your time spent incarcerated and if that would
pose a problem getting you licensed in any state professionally?


I was incarcerated for some bullshit I didn't do. Let's leave it at
that. I hope my past don't come back to haunt me. This nigga gotta keep
eatin.


8. Alot of people who will watch the tape of one of your fights will
say you are an ultimate fighter not a boxer and that your a freak show
not worth our time, what would you like to say to them?


I am a freak and that's why people should pay to see me. I don't box
and do that pansy boy @#%$. I like to run this like Iron Mike.


9. Are there any plans for you to fight professionaly against a specific opponent any time soon?


We're working on getting me licensed here in Miami. I might turn pro within a few months.


10. Do you want to be a champion or a freak puncher just to make some
money? How commited are you to becoming a complete boxer?


I'm 32 years old dawg. I gots to make the dough to support myself and
my disabled moms. God bless her soul. I live to bleed for that woman. I
want to go as far as my power will take me.


11. How long will it take you after turning pro to become a good slugger-boxer and become a championship level fighter?


I have a lot of respect for the game. I know many of these fighters
have been putting in their work for years. But they ain't never been in
the pen as long as I have. I have skills you can't learn on the
outside. I feel I'll be ready for anyone within ten fights.


12. What would you like to say to our readers and hopefully your future fans?


I'd like to thank everyone who has sent me emails. If you liked what
you saw in that short clip, come out and support me when I turn pro.
I'm ready to run this. I'm out.





powered by performancing firefox

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

AI, Gestalt: Congratulations for being the first to get the legend on the record for his fans. From all of us at www.kimbofightvideo.com we are thrilled and want to see and hear more!

Anonymous said...

Yo Foo dat Nigga is one bad assed mutha. i gotsta see dat fuka take on a pro like Green. dats gona b sum whacked up shit

Anonymous said...

i wanna see this nika go pro. u betta not down us kimbo. fo real . much love

Big JOL- IL NIKKAAAA

Anonymous said...

your a lying, punk ass nigger. Gannon knocked your stink ass out and he didn't use any fuckin mace.

you suck.

Anonymous said...

Your a lyin ass punk bitch. Gannon knocked your black ass out and he didn't use any fuckin mace. Plus all your punk friends ran in to save your stink ass when he was poundin you good.

you suck

Anonymous said...

lets face it this kimbo dude is bad ass but he would'nt stand a chance against heavyweight champ tim silvia in the ufc.

Anonymous said...

KIMBO IS MY BITCH!!!!
GANNON

Anonymous said...

Shouts to Kimbo, but sorry I had to stomp your ass out while we was locked up. But keep serving these fools.....One

Anonymous said...

Aye, All I gotta Say Is Kimbo Slice is the Truth and should be Recognized as a good and Respectable Fighter, Not as a motherfuckin side-show you punk fuckin hatin ass bitches like to call him.

Anonymous said...

Say Kimbo comin from anotha headbusta man i'll help support you if you turn pro and don't let knobody tell u what you can't do. and fuck all you other hattas talkin like yall can bee him any time. Piru n Piru out

Anonymous said...

this interview is fake as verified by Mike from Southbeat Records (it doesn't even say his correct height). it's also stolen from the fake Kimbo forum.

Anonymous said...

kimbo, you are a great fighter. you have outstanding boxing skills just like iron mike. but you are not a street fighter. wher im from, you would get choked out or armbard just like iron mike would. you would get hurt in MMA. as for pro boxing i think you will be better than iron mike, and become heaveyweight champ.

Anonymous said...

man kimbo knows how to fight i wanna see any of u guys fight kimbo stop talkin shit

Anonymous said...

Kimbo you have skills no doubt. Condition is everything when you step in any ring. Ask any fighter who has had that honor and they will tell you the same. Train hard and shut these motherfuckers up. I would be willing to bet everybody that runs there fucking mouth behind this guys back would never even dare step in any backyard or ring with this guy. If this guy had conditioning like say sanchez he would be killing people insted of just knocking them out. Train hard kimbo theres some real test coming for you.

Anonymous said...

MAN TO TELL THE TRUTH I AGREE WITH KIMBO HE HAS SOME THING A PROFESSIONAL BOXER LACKS THE SURVIVAL SKILLS FROM THE PEN THATS A MAIJOR WEAPON IN HIS CORNER PLUS A BLESSING IN DISQUIE'S.bROTHER YOUR A GEE SO MUCH RESPECT FROM ALL THE THUG'S ON THE COME UP!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

fuck kimbo he ain't shit .he just another monkey out of the pen.just stop before you get your dunb ass killed

Anonymous said...

Kimbo has done what he has till this point because hes got heart but then of course there will be haters that will talk trash and try to put him down.Keep talking,but I have faith that Kimbo will climb to the top and prove all those punks wrong.my support goes out to him all the way.

Anonymous said...

Bought a bad ass English Bulldog puppy (now 7 months old)and is registered by the name of KIMBO!! !leave your e-mails to check him out!! one bad ass dawg to honor one hell of a bad ass nigga!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kimbo needs to b in the fukin ufc not just smacking around nobodies for kicks

Anonymous said...

Kimbo, you need to box that fucker Gannon in a regular boxing ring and beat his ass. Let them punk bitches talk all that shit. Kimbo beat his ass. Yea the one who said punk ass nigger you are a bitch. NIGGERS have pure athletic ability. Coming from the NFL I know.

Anonymous said...

You are a punk ass bitch with out your homies jumping in, if it was just you and Gannon in the streets he might have actually KILLED YOU (instead of just beating your ass). Stop while your busted old dirty ass is still functioning.

Anonymous said...

My name is chris williams and I',m only 6'2" 205 lbs. but with my 20 years in the arts I would stomp your ass good.Good thing I'm not fighting profesionaly,You'd be in trouble.But good luck to ya!

Anonymous said...

nice web...
Propecia

How Propecia works

Propecia precautions

Propecia instructions

Propecia side effects

Hair loss guide

Hair care handbook

Hair disorders

Hair loss articles

Anonymous said...

Well said.