Sunday, January 08, 2012

Why BJ Penn no longer respects Nick Diaz

Allow me to introduce myself, My name is Scott Hernandez and I manage the BJPENN.COM website as well as BJ Penn’s Twitter and Facebook accounts. I work closely with BJ on a daily basis and because of this I have a strong emotional attachment to all things relating to our team and BJ’s life and career.

I went on BJ’s Facebook today to try and informally educate some of his detractors as to why BJ came out on Twitter two days ago and attacked Nick Diaz. For me, it was to the point where after reading several responses and comments I thought it important to put out some flames and explain what is going on.

I was merely trying to educate some of the people who don’t understand where BJ is coming from. But I probably shouldn’t have done it in that manner because it still left glaring questions unanswered and maybe put some words in BJ’s mouth that shouldn’t have been there.

So here I sit, using the BJPENN.COM platform to go into more detail and instead of name calling and calling people disgraceful I would like to run over some items and explain why BJ feels the way he does about Nick following their UFC 137 fight.

First and foremost, BJ and Nick are no longer friends. I understand the media may have painted a picture following the fight that things where cool. But they were not. The one photo of the two together post-fight was taken by Cesar and BJ and Nick did no socializing amongst each other after the fight. This was just a picture painted by the media, but it was never all flowers and butterflies.

Behind closed doors and far from the public’s view, the two have not been friendly and these recent comments are a result of that.

What I offer you now is some media in various forms and an explanation as to why BJ lost respect for Nick.

While many may focus on the pre-fight chatter between the two and how both parties where respectful, Nick caught BJ off guard and the relationship started to fall apart at the weigh-ins when Nick tried to strike BJ.

Check it out:





The shoulder check was disrespectful, unwarranted and unnecessary, but I’ll move on.

The third item of my list of four that I wish to highlight is the post-fight antics of Nick. He took to Jason Parillo, BJ’s boxing coach, with a verbal out lash and again, strained the relationship between himself and BJ further.

Here it is:




The last item on the list is this clip from HDNet. Nick calls BJ bitter for the loss and seems to have more to say about the fight and BJ.

Diaz talks at the two minute mark:



That is all I wanted to express to you guys. Understand it or not, these are the items, these are the actions that changed BJ’s opinion of Nick Diaz and what tarnished their friendship.

I can’t speak on why it took BJ three month’s to finally come out and say it bothered him, but what’s done is done. I know his supporters will and always do understand, but I hope this helps clear up what’s going on with the ones who don’t get it and maybe you can see, from our side, where we are coming from.

These actions are not of friends; these are actions of people who do not like each other. Nick crossed the line with BJ on more than one occasion and that was all she wrote.

For BJ’s part, he’s not losing any sleep over this stuff, but for me, I wanted to try and educate and merely answer some of these questions we have been receiving from the fans.

Thanks for listening guys and thank you for all your love and support throughout the years. Hope this helped clear some things up!

- Scott

BJPenn.com

No comments: