Monday, March 30, 2009

UFC Quick Quote: KenFlo confirms Philly fight for his ‘Beast Coast’ fans on August 8









“I am happy to announce that I will be fighting BJ Penn on August 8th in Philadelphia, PA at UFC 101 for the UFC Lightweight title. I signed the fight contract over the weekend. It’s going to be my first time fighting on the East Coast for the UFC and I will be training hard to represent my “Beast Coast” fans! My training camp will begin in June and then it will be full steam ahead till August. BJ Penn has been a wrecking machine at 155lbs and I guarantee that our fight will showcase MMA at its highest level.”

–UFC Lightweight number one contender Kenny Florian shares his excitement via his official newsletter about facing BJ Penn at UFC 101 from the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on August 8. “KenFlo” dropped a blood-soaked unanimous decision to Sean Sherk for a then-vacant division title at UFC 64: “Unstoppable” back in October 2006. He has not tasted defeat since, winning six straight against many of the best the class had to offer. Now he gets a second bite at the championship apple, against “The Prodigy,” who may be the finest lightweight mixed martial artist in the world.

No comments: