Friday, April 03, 2009

UFC 97: Chuck Liddell wants to ‘knock off’ Shogun’s head and get back in the title hunt








“I am looking to get back to competing for the title. I want to get back to the top and put some of my past fights behind me and get my revenge…. I am in great shape. I have been waiting to fight Rua for a long time. He was one of the best in Pride and seen as one of the top guys until he lost to Forrest so this is going to be a great fight…. I am going to go after him. I am going to pressure him and make him prove that he is in shape. But basically I am going to try to knock his head off.”

Former light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell still has his sights set on reclaiming the 205-pound title even at age 39. “Iceman” has dropped three of his last four fights, but that’s not stopping him from making one last run at championship glory, which will go through Mauricio “Shogun” Rua at UFC 97: “Redemption” on April 18 in Montreal, Quebec. Not an easy task … although Liddell is certainly not short on confidence.

No comments: