Thursday, May 07, 2009

A healed Brandon Wolff doesn’t want to get his ass kicked again at UFC 98



“I got beat up pretty good. He got me good. I made the mistake of staying in a Muay Thai clinch a little too long and I paid the man…. I was more mentally distraught than anything. I was just unhappy about how I got destroyed in my debut. But I healed up good. And I just wanted to get back in there as soon as possible. . . . I was just happy to get a second chance. I didn’t think I was going to get one…. It was the first time ever that I’ve got my ass kicked. It was a good learning experience — something that’s never going to happen again…. It just didn’t go as planned…. I’m really fortunate to be fighting again in the UFC. And I feel like I owe myself and everybody else out there a war, an exciting fight. And that’s what I’ve been preparing myself for.”

Brandon Wolff talks about his future career inside the Octagon after “sustaining four facial fractures, including a fractured forehead, and a broken nose” in a brutal loss to Ben Saunders in his Octagon debut at UFC: “Fight for the Troops” in Dec. 2008. The Hawaiian is set to battle Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 98: “Evans vs. Machida” on May 23, vowing to not make the same mistakes twice in his encore performance, which is great news for whoever picks up his hospital tab.

No comments: