Wednesday, May 27, 2009

KJ Noons down for a return to MMA and a rematch with Nick Diaz




“Scott (Coker) and I have been talking the past few days. I used to fight on Scott’s fight cards in San Jose ten years ago, so I’ve known him a long time … I never said I was giving up MMA, I just enjoy competing in both sports, I boxed since I was a kid and just love to box. I love MMA also, I’m just going back and forth. There is some bad blood, drama, and history between [me and Nick Diaz], so I think people would want to see it again. I’m down for it. I want to fight anybody that people think is an interesting fight. I don’t mind going up or down in weight. I’ll train hard and fight hard for the fans.”

Former EliteXC Lightweight Champion KJ Noons, who was forced to turn down a fight against Josh Thompson on April 11 due to previous boxing commitments, talks about negotiating his return to MMA with Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker. Noons also states that he’s willing to fight anyone the fans deem interesting. If that’s the case, I think there are a lot of fans clamoring for a rematch with Nick Diaz in the near future. Diaz lost to Noons back in 2007 via TKO due to cuts - and Diaz has since had surgery to correct that area of his face that was so easily opened. Noons vs. Diaz II — who ya’ got?

mmamania

No comments: