Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza: The DREAM middleweight title is coming home to Brazil




“I beat [Jason Miller] the first time, but I wasn’t satisfied with the result. This time I want to make a better fight. Impose my game and impose my rhythm. The most important thing to me is to put on a good fight. This time it’s for the belt. It’s going to come to Brazil. I’ve been training really hard since November. I had to stop last month to make sure I didn’t overtrain. I’m ready. If the fight were tomorrow, I’d be ready.”

Dynamic Brazilian jiu-jitsu phenom Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza expects history to repeat itself on May 26 when he battles Jason Miller for the vacant DREAM middleweight title at DREAM 9. “The Alligator” first clashed with “Mayhem” in the quarterfinals of the DREAM 4 middleweight grand prix in June of 2008. Jacare took home the unanimous decision win but was unhappy with his performance. Both fighters actually had harsh words for the entertainment value of their match and vow to make this one a showstopper. So, who ya’ got?

No comments: